1. I have an equal love of business books as I do hip hop! My copy of Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich sits on a shelf right next to my copy of A Rose That Grew From Concrete by Tupac.
2. I’m love the idea “Una flor no piensa en competir con la flor de a lado. Solo florece.” (A flower doesn’t think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.)
3. I believe in living your life to the fullest and creating memories whenever possible… even if that means giving up a little sleep. That’s probably why I kind of have an obsession with photo booth pictures and polaroid cameras.
4. I learned to play poker when I was 8 and have been playing on a weekly(ish) basis for about two years. It’s one of my favorite ways to study other people’s non-verbal communication styles.
5. I recently fell in love with boxing. There’s just something cathartic about feeling my glove meet the bag. I use it to destress but also to physically work on breaking through limiting beliefs.
6. Other ways I’ve broken through limiting beliefs? I’ve swallowed fire and modeled a martial arts technique to break through a wood plank. The mind is a very powerful thing!
7. I have an obsession with motivational quotes, hip hop lyrics, and poetry that makes my heart catch fire. Think Jim Rohn, Tupac, Sandra Cisneros, & Pablo Neruda.
8. I once shared the stage with ABC Shark Tank’s Kevin Harrington! He was the guest speaker at an event where I was a panelist. He talks a mile a minute!
9. I have a script tattoo of the word “Invictus” on my left wrist. In Latin, it means Unconquered and it’s the title of a poem by William Ernest Henley that is all about being the master of your own fate. My favorite verse? Under the bludgeonings of chance, my head is bloody but unbowed.
10. Sunset is my favorite time of day. There’s just something magical about the color turning into a splash of watercolors at the end of a long day. It makes me feel that something beautiful is waiting at the end of every journey.